Garage48 event series was started in 2010 by 6 successful Estonian startup founders as a way to bring the Silicon Valley attitude to this side of the world. Today Garage48 and our Tallinn based co-working space LIFT99 are among the central organizations of the Estonian startup scene. Our goal at Garage48 is to organize hackathons and idea garage's that boost local startup ecosystems all over Eastern and Central Europe, Africa and Asia, to help to build communities and to promote the entrepreneurial mindset.
As a Project Manager, you will be working alongside our amazing team. Your main responsibilities will be taking the lead in organizing the events and also focusing on the communication related to Garage48 brand and the overall message.
Have you always been wow’ed by startups and innovative ideas? Are you flexible, eager to learn, into tech and have got what it takes to conquer the world? This job is for you!
1. Coordinating the organization of hackathon events in both in Estonia and foreign countries, including:
* managing local project management activities, including finances, logistics (venue, catering, supplies), volunteer and mentors outreach
* managing partnership deals and sales
* managing and overseeing correct reporting and documentation of the project
* coordinating the local marketing and media activities including social media, blogging, community outreach etc
* handling communication with event participants, organizing the followups after the hackathon
2. Developing new sales verticals and maintaining relationships with partners, including:
* identifying new customers and their needs
* developing relationships with prospects, coming up with the best possible solutions for the customers
* maintaining relationships with clients and partners by providing support, information, and guidance
* following the industry trends and competitor's activities
3. Coordinating the overall communication of Garage48 brand, including:
* managing social media accounts, press releases, web publicity etc
* creating content (blog posts, newsletters, interviews, success stories etc)
1. Be a Team player. Yes, we often have to work separately on the events we are organizing, but a willingness to help, support and grow together is a must!
2. People’s person. Friendly, polite and diplomatic. Noticing other people's feelings and emotions, being respectful to them, reading the energy in the room
3. (Not yet discovered) passion for tech and start-ups!
4. Organized and detail oriented about correct documentation and budgeting
5. Responsible and responsive
6. Problem solver
7.Strategic thinker: sense-maker and a critical thinker
6. Willingness to contribute to the fast-paced environment
7. Great communication (both verbal and in writing) and listening skills
8. Excellent English skills. Fluency in Estonian is always a bonus, but not a requirement this time. Russian skills are appreciated
1. The job is based in the coolest office in Tallinn - LIFT99 located in Telliskivi Creative City
2. Possibility to attend the year-round community events and workshops at LIFT99
3. Travelling and getting to know other cultures - attending hackathons in different countries
4. Wide network of connections in the IT sector
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, please send us your resume, salary expectation and a cover letter telling us why you’d be a great candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: 15th of February 2018