People are often afraid to start their own project or business. Common problems include lack of know-how and co-founders, lack of money, unknown risks etc. Garage48 is here to change that mindset and show that it's all about positive "let's do it" attitude, creative team members and a motivating deadline. Less talk, more action!
Garage48 event series started in Estonia
in April 2010 and have expanded to other countries in Northern Europe and Africa since then. All Garage48 events are held in English and have ~100 international participants. Participants have different skills, ranging from software development to design, marketing, sales and entrepreneurship.
How does it work?
Garage48 events usually start at 5pm on a Friday evening. All participants gather together in a big room and pitch about 30 to 40 ideas on stage. Each idea is put on the wall and everyone can choose their favourite idea and team. Usually about 12-15 ideas will be selected and teams start working.
We provide facilities, mentors, food and drinks over the weekend, while teams are working on their projects. Sunday night 5pm is the deadline to step on the stage again and live-demo your project or prototype. We have the jury and audience to vote for their favourites and choose the winners.
GOALS OF GARAGE48
- Organize useful, international and fun startup events with a really lean budget
- Show that teams can turn an idea into a working service or prototype within just 48 hours
- Prove that new web and mobile projects can be started with a good team and lean budget
- Promote entrepreneurship and startup culture in Estonia, Northern Europe and Africa
- Teach people to work under a tough deadline - you need to focus on the core of the project
- Meet new people from other industries, roles and countries
- Less talk, more action and fun!
AWARDS AND MEDIA COVERAGE
Garage48 events have got lot's of media coverage - starting from well-know tech blogs like TechCruch
to numerous articles in newspapers, blogs, TV and radio.
Garage48 Foundation was started in Estonia in spring 2010 by 6 active entrepreneurs from Estonian Startup Leaders Club
, a networking organization for majority of Estonian startup founders.
Registry code: 90010226
Address: Rävala pst 7, Tallinn, Estonia
|VAT code: EE101416551|
Bank account Estonia: 221051150005 Swedbank
International IBAN: EE912200221051150005
Swedbank AS, 8 Liivalaia, 15040 Tallinn, Estonia
SWIFT/BIC code HABAEE2X
Garage48 logo files
Members of the Board
| || |
Volunteering at GArage48
Garage48 is open for volunteers interested to help startup community in Estonia, Northern-Europe and Africa. Please contact us in case you would like to help us on:
- Joining our team during Garage48 weekends (Friday to Sunday) - we need help from registration desk and offering food/drinks to writing blog posts or setting chairs in place and configuring presentation equipment.
- Joining Garage48 HUB in Tallinn as intern or part-timer - help us to organize community events, expand newsletter target list, find new HUB members, write blog posts, start new initiatives etc.
Send us your CV and short cover letter describing your background, experience and areas, where you would like to help. Please e-mail with subject line "Volunteering" to email@example.com. Thanks a lot!